Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 12:00 AM   #19
Thehobe1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #10354
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneroe View Post
I have asked a couple of folks at Thor why they provide an external cable TV port and then install a TV that does not have the capability to receive the cable system without you needing to buy more equipment. That to me is the same as installing a digital HD antenna and then putting an old analog Philco TV in. They don't ever have a good answer. I imagine the problem is that someone bought a few thousand of the cheapest TVs they could get, assuming they were equipped like practically every recently manufactured TV is. They didn't really know what they bought until they installed them and the complaints started coming in. What's really screwy is some of them have the QAM tuner and some don't (same model, different manufacture date).
I agree if you are sitting in your RV at home because you do not have a second TV in your home but when you are out in the RV, we are supposed to be enjoying nature, meeting other people and getting some adventure. The TVs installed do a very good job of receiving the over-the-air HDTV channels for news weather and sports. I was actually impressed with the quality of the picture comparing it to my 3-4 flat screens at home (one is only a year old Samsung). You can buy a cable box for $25 if you would like to have one. As it is, more people are "cutting the cord" from cable TV providers and going to streaming feeds (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon etc). I think it is more important nowadays to have a good strong Internet connection at the RV campgrounds.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum