Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 01:49 AM   #2536
halfprice

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTransplant View Post
Anna Marie has been lobbying to replace the family room couch with something less "puffy". Its a very nice ($$$) leather couch with two electric reclining sections we've had for a decade, but she says she can't sit on it without straining her neck (For the record she chose it). So we are likely to be getting a new family room couch. This kicked off thoughts on where the old one is going, and led to a fortuitous discovery.

We've been looking at replacing the jackknife sofa in the ACE and were looking at a Seats4Less or a RecPro sofa/recliner. When we moved here 6-1/2 years ago we bought a couple of recliners and a recliner love seat for the finished basement. I think they were Ashley Furniture, and they have not been used very much.

I went downstairs today and measured the recliner love seat and found that the overall dimensions are the same or less than the RecPro we were looking at. The love seat is actually two almost zero clearance recliners mounted on a common base with bolts. So I believe I can separate them to get them into the coach. I need to make few more measurements in the coach, but I think we have a solution. The basement recliner love seat goes into the coach and the big couch goes downstairs in its place. Thor couch gets sent to the basement storage room and gets covered with other junk.New upstairs couch probably won't be more than two or three times the cost of the RecPro...
The backs on the recliners normally come off. They slide onto brackets. Take them off. This will make it much easier to get through the door

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum