Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 04:07 AM   #21
Kev

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport
State: Florida
THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanTarzan View Post
Great replies here and a lot of good info.
I am not comfortable on anything that can't keep up with traffic.
And I'm not sure I want to go full on electric yet.
I'm looking at a Kymco 150x , ive been doing research and reading reviews. The company has been around since 1963 and started as a parts maker for Honda and many other big companies.
I'm going to look at them at a dealer tomorrow.
The reviews and write ups on it are great. Not too bad for $2k out the door.
We are planning a trip to the Fla. Keys this summer and ill be bringing the boat. I think zipping around in the Keys on a scooter will be a blast!
I'll keep you all posted on what I find.
I just bought a 2018 Kymco Super 8 150X for putting on the RV. I have less tha 100 miles on it so far. A scooter is the best way to get around Key West plenty of parking for a scooter and it is a blast. Parking is limited for cars . We go to Key West at least three times a year. Boyd’s RV park is only 6 miles to downtown. I also have a Yamaha Tmax 550cc that I sometime bring but it is a pain putting on and off the carrier because it is so big. According to what I read after break in you can expect a top speed of around 55mph. Make sure you read the manuel and follow the break in procedure.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum