Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Synergy
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 08:33 AM   #10
Ron Newbry

State: Arizona
THOR #8280
I bought a 2017 Synergy 9 months ago, took it to 34 states, and have 15000 miles on it. I was disappointed in the Thor workmanship, but my problems were pale compared to people who bought other Thor brands. If you are handy with tools, you should be able to fix all the little annoyances.

Actually, I have not had any major equipment failures. I love the Mercedes-Benz body and frame. It is so small that I don't have to tow a toad and I have actually parked it in a normal parking space where the back end can go over a grassy strip. RV parks always seem to have room for us little guys and I can hook up and break down in less than ten minutes.

All the tanks are a little small if you plan to do a lot of dry camping....I can go only about five days before dumping, but that is no big thing to me. The Synergy has great storage compared to other rigs of it's size.

The couch that pulls out into a bed is worthless, but I found a recliner love seat on Amazon that is reasonably priced, comfortable, and easy to install. Don't bother going through Thor to try to get a recliner because if it is after market, they could care less about you. I even went to the factory and no luck.

The gas mileage is great. I averaged over 15 mpg on my US trip and over 14 mpg in the mountains of the west coast. The heater has worked great in the cold nights of Nevada and the air conditioner saved us in the repressive summer heat and humidity of Georgia.

While I have been a real critic of Thor, after I got all the bugs worked out, I am now very happy with my little RV. We call it Sunshine, because there is light at the end of the tunnel.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.