Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 12:46 PM   #23
Kev

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport
State: Florida
THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanTarzan View Post
I'm very interested in what you think of your Kymco. The dealers by me don't have any in stock to look at but all say "I can have one here in 24hrs if you buy it" . Kinda crappy way of doing business IMO but that's what I'm left with.
How is it with 2 people power wise? I have no intention of hwy riding , but want to be able to keep up at say 45-50 mph.
Does it handle well?
Does it feel well made?
Any other observations you have would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Chris
Fortunately the dealer had different 2017 models in stock but I waited for the 2018 which was basically the same as the 2017 but the same price. Like you I did my research and found they use to make parts for the big name scooters. They are much cheaper than the big name scooters but are ranked higher in quality than other Chinese scooters. With the cheaper price there are some compromises technology wise. They are not fuel injected and are not water cooled, like there more expensive counterparts, and also have a rear drum brake not a disc brake. If this isn't a concern and you are looking for some transportation when camping I think they are a good alternative to the more expensive scooters. I had a Yamaha Smax, which was a great scooter, but traded it in for the Yamaha Tmax. I decided I wanted something lighter and easier to load for quick trips so I bought the Kymco, which is a good value for the money. Is it a Yamaha or Honda no, for the reasons stated above. The Kymco feels much better made than its Chinese counterparts, easy to load, and handles well. The manual states during the break in period not to go over 40 so I cannot verify the top speed. It is over 150cc which makes it hwy legal I would only take my Smax on the hwy for one exit. Hope this helps.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.