Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 07:33 PM   #20
Locknut

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 27.7
State: Kentucky
THOR #6005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budman View Post
As u can see I chose not to pay the extra. And I must say that's a very good price on the 660. I did not see that price when I ordered from some where else. Paid a little more but too late to worry about.
As far as screen size I was use to a Nuvi so this screen looks giant compared to it. I think I can position this just fine and see it well. Either on the left of dash near window or in center of dash.
Even though I have a built in GPS with radio it is very hard to see and out of the way so u take eyes off road for a second or 2. Don't like that at all and another reason I wanted a true movable and RV GPS. But radio GPS does come across radio loud and clear (barely hearing as too many years coal mining) so I'll run both GPSs. Many of those in KY!!! Thx Dennis.

PS. Locknut, where are in in dear old KY? My wife and I where raised in Middlesboro on TN/VA border. Still bleed blue!!!
I have in-dash GPS in my GMC Acadia and my wife has it in her Cadillac, but we never use either...I prefer my Garmin Nuvi that I update before every trip. I'll probably upgrade though as this Nuvi is several years old, and even though it has free map updates, it lacks many of the newer bells and whistles.

I've lived in Hazard for nearly all my life...not too far from Middlesboro.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum