Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 03:39 PM   #36
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve76 View Post
When I first plug in my shore power cord to my 110v outlet in my garage with an adapter between the two, I get an arc as I plug it in. Trying to figure out it this is normal or not. As far as I know, garage outlet is wired right as it powers other things o.k. ...snip...
I do as well: If you don't want an arc turn off the main breakers inside the coach when you plug in. Of course that just moves the arc to the main breakers instead of the plug (when you turn them back on after plugging in).

If you think about it: When you plug your coach in you are plugging one house into another--its more than plugging in a TV, Microwave, or vacuum. Its plugging all those things in at the exact same time (e.g. with everything off the motorhome is going to draw some current--the parasitic draw from all those appliances adds up to a small spark when you plug in).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.