Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 06:37 AM   #5
k2baker

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas
State: Texas
THOR #7992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_Mike View Post
I have seen the horror stories (and pictures) of fellow VEGAS/AXIS owners who have had water damage under their windows on the DRIVERS and PASSENGER areas.

Luckily, we haven't had anything happen (yet) that we can tell, but was wanting to try and prevent it, if we can..

I know some people have said they "sealed" and "caulked" around the windows, but no one had posted a picture, and wasn't quite sure exactly where they were sealing. I know sometimes sealing the wrong thing can cause MORE damage that doing nothing.

If someone who has made this repair could explain exactly where they sealed (or better yet) if we could beg and get you to post a picture, we would be forever grateful...

As posted on another thread here, my 2015 Vegas on 3rd window leak repair, first 2 covered by Thor dealer -on passenger and drivers side and dealer said coming from top of window and had to replace interior wallboard and caulk outside and install more screws. Well, passenger interior side under window damaged again ( when out of warranty) by rain and drip from a/c unit running thru transition area where front cap of RV meets body at top and if u pull back top trim piece you will probably find gap in Thor construction and need to fill gap and look at wall over window on inside to really see how Water channeling to top of window and running around to damage interior wallboard.
Window really needs to be removed to see all the damage wrought which my dealer did not do the first time. Disassembling the upper bunk bed takes some time to do this project correctly. Hate to be the messenger but protecting that top seam is a must. This unit has been stored under cover most of its life and only 8k miles since in shop waiting for parts so often.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum