Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 04:42 PM   #4
Arby

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Ontario
THOR #2441
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Does it sound like a "tick" and is it RPM dependent? (e.g. the speed of the noise tracks with the engine RPM?)

If so check your manifold bolts: Ford Triton engines are known for the manifold bolts breaking (although not with so few hours on the engine). Typically with broken bolts, however, the noise goes away as the engine warms up and the manifold expands pressing against the block.

I had some on my F-350 (3 if I remember correctly) and it produced a very distinct "tick tick tick" at idle when cold. (The F-350's bolts broke around 60,000 miles, however.)
I had a vibration type noise at 2300 - 2400 rpm. Ford dealer could hear it but could not diagnose. Sounded like a rocker/tappit clicking in the engine. Very disconcerting when driving. Ended up being a poor weld on a upright frame member. When the engine got to 2300 or so rpm the metal began to vibrate. Must say Ford probably spent 3-4 hours searching but never found it. They were close though as the two techs said it sounded like it was coming from the engine compartment. They were within 2 feet of the source. It took me days to finally find it with my wife listing while we were driving.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.