Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 11:07 PM   #1
Mo_Mike

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Issue charging CHASSIS AND COACH BATTERIES

I have had this issue and have just been living with it, but wondered if anyone else had run into it.

My chassis and coach batteries normally show 13.6 volts charging on shore power, then reduces to 13.1...

After removing shore power, running the coach motor and generator (winter maintenance you know), then shutting down generator, then turning coach motor off, the batteries normally return to either 13.6 or 13.1when back on shore power, showing charging.

This time after about an hour noticed the voltage was at 12.6 which I assume is not charging.

I removed shore power, started coach motor, let run for about two minutes, the turned off the coach motor and reapplied shore power. This time the converter fan kicked on, power showed 13.7... To me this showed it was charging again.

Has anyone else had this issue? I was afraid that if I hadn't had the voltage meter or not checked it, batteries would be "dead"...

Not a big deal, just wondered if I was "special" in this.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum