Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 02:53 AM   #1
gkurts

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3
State: Mississippi
THOR #8822
Question bad isolator or relay?

I have a 2018 ACE 30.3. While boondocking in Quartzsite I noticed that the chassis battery was draining at the same rate as the coach batteries. Fired up the generator and they both charged completely. Running the normal items on the inverter (it took nearly all day), they drained again. At 12.3 volts I disconnected the negative cable from the chassis battery. At least I won't be stranded.

I tried flipping the breaker off at the chassis batter and that made zero difference. After disconnecting the chassis battery, the engine will still crank... so the coach batteries must be connected somewhere.

I flipped the "emergency start" button a few times and can hear a clicking sound but it made no difference. I spoke with Thor and was advised to try everything that I just did. (eye roll)

We'll be in CA in a couple of weeks and am going to take it to Camping World to see if they can identify it but was just wondering if anyone else has had something like this happen... Any thoughts, suggestions, or experiences are appreciated!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.