Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 09:38 PM   #9
Tom N3EQF

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 27K
State: Florida
THOR #2154
I am confused also I think! On my Lippert leveler display, and I can't remember if you have to scroll through the display to get to it, but there is a readout of the current voltage. The LCI manual for the levelers states that the required voltage is 12.7 DC. It doesn't take long for a single or dual battery system to dip below that level.

It's my opinion that the batteries are below 12.7 DC when you see the issue. And unless you have a battery with a shorted cell that prevents proper charging, voltage should always be well above 12.7 with the engine running.

Oh, and the slides don't draw any amount of current compared to the levelers. Those little two motors driving the slide draw very little current and for a very short amount of time. I know, as I watch my current monitor that is in line with the battery bank negative lead while the slide is moving.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum