Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 12:45 PM   #53
Metalman

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 27K
State: Kentucky
THOR #2817
Battery Buddy

I bought a new 1995 GMC custom van in early 1996. It was not used much during the winter and the battery would loose its charge in a week or so, to the point that it would not start the engine. That's when I installed a "Battery Buddy" (now called "PriorityStart"). The device attaches to the positive battery post and the + battery cable attaches to the other side of the device. When the Battery Buddy senses enough of a drain on the battery it opens a switch and disconnects the battery from the vehicle. The model, which I still have and still use on the van, is an early one so the hood must be raised and a button pressed to reconnect the battery to the van. The newer models reactivate when a minute amount of electricity is used, such as stepping on the brake.

https://www.batterymart.com/p-priori...BoCrZ4QAvD_BwE

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.