Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Surge protector
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 06:28 PM   #3
axis earl

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogshowrv View Post
I’m a new class C Outlaw owner as of July’17. I have two questions: first, if I’m plugged in to a 15 amp outlet in my garage with a 15 to 30 amp converter plug and an extension cord - where should my surge protector be connected? Do I need a surge protector when I’m plugged into the outlet in my garage? Second question: on my very first solo trip on I-95 in the right lane I was going 60mph. Is this too slow? There was an 18 wheeler on my tail flashing me with his headlights. I’ve traveled all my life. I’ve towed a trailer. I just didn’t know what to do. Has this ever happened to anyone else?
Slow lane travel at 60? I would say you are doing fine and should never drive above your personal safety level or that of conditions on the road. I was in the slow land on the I Ten near Palm Springs doing 40 because of high winds. None of the trip matters if you don't make it there safely.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum