Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 11:03 PM   #3
thor293

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Ohio
THOR #1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilsonjones View Post
Wow now thats a lot of mods an good ones. Couple questions, what was the cost of 2nd ac and how was the additional 30 amp added? Do you just plug extra at the pedestal or all wired to 50 amp?
The AC unit was a 15,000 btu, $750 and I had about $30 in a breaker and a box. I had to fish a wire from the vent opening over to the wall and down and then underneath the bed. I wired into the new box I bought and put a 20 amp breaker in it. Then ran a wire out the bottom of the bed area with the other wires into the rear drivers bay and installed an additional 30 amp receptacle. I can use a 30 to 15 amp adapter and plug into the post if need be but I bought a double 30amp dongle to a 50 amp plug. Installing the actual was the easiest part! lol. I also got the ac with heat strip.

This made a world of difference, with just the one air if we were in full sun on a hot day we couldnt get the coach below about 85* now its no problem.
Camping World Indianapolis, worst dealer EVER experienced
thor293 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum