Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 02:48 AM   #55
Emmett

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 24HE
State: Florida
THOR #10225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laco View Post
The way these Thor's are wired, plugging into shore power when stored with the use store switch in store defeats the purpose of connecting to shore power. On a Thor, that switch must in the use position, for the converter/inverter (if you have one) to charge and maintain the house batteries. On my previous coach, there was a 12 volt disconnect switch. Mattered not how that switch was set, inverter always charged house batteries when plugged in. Since I have 110 volts available where I store, I always store connected to shore power, with the switch in use.
I can see why Thor has changed the way they deal with this in several 2018 models. The power is now always on while plugged into shore power. The batteries are being charged. There is no Use/Store switch. When not plugged in or running the generator, you can turn house power on or off.

So plugged in = always on.
Generator = always on.
Not plugged in or gen = on or off.

Pete

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.