Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 01:35 PM   #2584
thor293

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Ohio
THOR #1620
Factory converters are subpar, they do charge the battery but not at the ideal rate. At least the cheap units they put in the rv. You can buy much better converters. Mine is still installed but I have it turned off. I use a Xantrex unit that is a charger/inverter. It constantly samples the battery and charges in steps and properly float charges the battery. They are expensive though but if you have more than one battery its much better to use a better unit.

RE: Progressive Industries. I purchased my unit back in 2002, a 50 amp with remote display like Jerry has. It has saved me multiple times from faulty grounds and reverse polarity. Most importantly it saved our unit back in 2009 when we had a waterline fail and flooded our unit, soon as the water found electric in the coach the EMS shut the power down and in the process it was sacrificed. I contacted Progressive Industries to ask if it could be repaired, they told me to return it and they would replace it. In fact they did replace it despite the fact at this point it was 7 years old. That is customer service that cant be beat and the best money I have ever spent to protect my coach. I HIGHLY recommend this company. To find someone that will do that in the rv industry is rare and the only other I have ever had this experience with is Fantastic Fan.
Camping World Indianapolis, worst dealer EVER experienced
thor293 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum