Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 02:50 PM   #1
thunderkid123

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37TB
State: South Carolina
THOR #10641
Smile A newbie to RV AND Camping

Hi everyone! My hubby and I really know how to jump in the fire with both feet! We just purchased a Challenger 37TB and we have to head cross country in three weeks! I must say, I am more than just a little terrified!!! You may be asking, why such a monster RV first time out? Because we're crazy! No, not really, there's a story. Our son-in-law is in the Navy on the west coast and we need to be able to get our daughter home with her 2 large dogs and Maine Coon cat, (if you know that breed then you know he's also the size of a dog!), while the hubby is in school and deployed... then back to California when he returns. This seemed like a good idea at the time since we have always wanted a coast to coast adventure, we are semi-retired, we have an elderly dog ourselves we don't want to leave, and we will need a place to live for a couple of months while we help them sell their house. Add all of that to I am extremely claustrophobic and you have a new bus-sized home! We did try a Class C Chateau for a weekend but it did not go well. The whole experience led me to think about starting a blog called The Mis-Adventures of a Non-Camping Girl. I CAN say though, I am getting excited about this journey. I am quiet positive we will have problems to handle, questions we don't even know to ask yet, and moments that we will treasure forever!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.