Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 07:52 PM   #11
FW28z
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
I just got a notification on this thread, so I thought I would reply since it has been ages since I have visited this website.

The blank filler plate for the E450 is manufactured by Front Panel Express: Front Panel Design Software and CAD Conversion Service: Home according to a design that I created and sent to them. They are a custom panel shop.

RV-Project.Com is my RV project website, and on my website (Panel Templates.) you will find a template for the filler plate that you can download, make any changes, then upload to Front Panel Express for manufacturing. There is also a video on that webpage on how to do it.

Feel free to make any changes to the template, including removing the RV-Project.Com text.

There is also a template for the panel with the voltmeter holes as well. Again, make any changes you desire. Also, there is a project and video on my webpage that details installing the panel (Ford E450 Custom Upper Dash Panel.).

Actually the upfitter switches and factory brake controller go into that area.

Jamie, how is that tank monitor project going?

I sold my Class C two years ago and bought a Grand Design Reflection 29RS 5th wheel. Since we are now retired, our activity is more in line with relaxing than going from place-to-place. So we like the additional room.

We spent over 70 nights a year in the thing for the two seasons we have had the 5th wheel.

I also wanted a diesel, and buying a truck/trailer was the most economical way to do that vs. a new motorhome. Besides, it's better to have a diesel truck that you run on a daily basis than a diesel motorhome that sits most of the time.

So far, I really like the Grand Design. They are a slightly better than average in construction and workmanship, but they are second to none in customer service. They provide a very high degree of that, at a level unheard of in the RV industry.

We do have an auto-level system, so park the RV, unhitch the truck, press a few buttons and everything is setup. The autoleveler even remembers at what height you unhitched at, and returns the pinbox to that height when you want to re-connect.

Towing a 5th wheel is much more easier and stable than a pull-me trailer. I have to be careful to stay under 70mph. With the diesel truck, I am getting 13mpg highway fuel mileage when towing, which is one major reason we went to a 5th wheel.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum