Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 04:24 AM   #1
micd

Brand: Still Looking
State: Colorado
THOR #10650
Axis/Vegas 25.5 reviews please

Hi we are looking at the Axis/Vegas 25.5. Please provide as detailed review as you would care to share on your experience with the 25.5.

In particular we like how we can pull one of the beds out part way but still leave a small aisle to get to the bathroom. This allows one of the beds to fit a person and dogs without as much crowding. We will likely have new mattresses cut out of latex foam to fit the remaining twin and newly expanded twin. The existing cushions would likely go in our basement. Hopefully the new foam would make the beds slightly lower for our dogs to jump up on. We would likely leave this set up in full time. We would also try to put a pin into the bed extension to hold it in place. Has anyone done anything similar and how did it work out?

We would also like to put in new table supports so that the table can be in when the slide is in. Has anyone done this? There is a chance we would just never bother deploying the slide. Were in the camp of no slides are the best number of slides. I see there are a couple of others on the forum like this.

Is there any useful purpose for the countertop extension that extends over the toilet making it unusable? I could see stacking toilet paper on the shelf beneath it or putting in a net and storing shampoo bottles there. Both would require removing the countertop extension. With the counter blocking use of the toilet I really don't see any time you would bother putting it up as you could never leave anything out on it.

Some questions:
Do you find the table bases a bit high and trip over them? I think the plastic disks on top are not "back friendly" so I can't see putting them back on once they are taken off and likely they would get lost anyways. If we end up having issues with such high table bases we would have to remove them and replace with ones more flush with the floor.

We saw daylight in the back corner closet. How was your initial quality?

What are your likes and dislikes for the unit.

What suspension mods have you made?

What other mods?

Where do you store lawn chairs and other large items? Is it possible to remove the mattress in the drop down bunk and put them there?

Thanks!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.