Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 04:52 PM   #7
jpmihalk

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 35C
State: South Dakota
THOR #3761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbadger777 View Post
Thanks for the quick response. The dealership wanted my decision by noon, in order to insure installation for delivery tomorrow. I called them at 11:20 to tell them to; Put them in. The coach is pre-wired for solar, so I guess I will look into that down the road a bit.
Good call. We did the same as part of our deal - add 2 more batteries for a total of 4 AGM batteries. We have also added 400W of solar panels to the roof. We boondock a lot as well. What you need to consider is your energy budget - in addition to the fridge, we also like our toys (Xbox One x2, Apple TV x 2, plus satellite TV, laptops, phones, MiFi, etc.) so our energy budget is fairly high. Depending on what we are doing, we may be using a lot of energy on any given day so we often have to use the generator to top off the batteries or when we run AC or use the microwave. With our 4 12V AGM batteries, we have about 340 AmpHours of energy available but don't want to go below 50 percent capacity, so we have an effective budget of 170 AH. Depending on weather and other factors (traveling, the alternator kicks in to charge) we may or may not need to run the generator before bedtime. But those batteries will definitely last all night and then some.
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.