Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 01:05 PM   #18
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
this type of system is a perfect example of how 'great things' are designed by engineers and designers who don't actually ever 'use' them in the real world.... good effects, but bad planning.

most folks don't sit around designing new systems in the dark, but only in the 'light of day'... hence the problem with the placement of the buttons, no backlight for them, and no indicator of on/off.

several folks mentioned the 'placement' of a secondary button too close to a 'primary' one... water pump or bed lift being a good example...
easy, have the primary 'light' button backlit, so that it is not confused with others, so that when you DO want to use a 'secondary' button, you would turn on the light first anyway.
...and for the water pump button, for those who don't want to leave the water pump on all the time, but only when needed... have the action of turning on the light to automatically backlight the Water Pump button and it's current status - on/off(maybe Red and Green colors).

I've delivered these units from the factories to dealers, for several different makes, and they have all been very confusing, ESPECIALLY when you first enter the coach, and at night. I don't want to 'wonder' if I've pressed the correct button or not, or accidentally ran out the awning or turned on the water pump when there's no water in the tank!

I wonder, also, if Firefly and other manufacturers actually test customer real-world usage of these systems before they deploy them to the manufacturers.... I kinda doubt it.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum