Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Propane Gas
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 02:15 AM   #14
fivekitties

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34F
State: Florida
THOR #1942
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post
leave ours on for the fridge
The only real issue is remembering to turn off the fridge (and any other auto-sparkers such as the water heater) before entering a gas station. The propane doesn't have to be off. Just ignition sources.

I've only traveled through one tunnel so far, and I had researched it before hand.... no requirement to turn the LP off.

One wish list item I have would be for remote control switches for these appliances up on the dash. And maybe even a solenoid shut-off for the propane.

One side comment... I have an ARP controller installed on my fridge. It protects against overheating from conditions such as out of level. I have noticed that it will often shut off the fridge while travelling. I'm not sure if its more because of hills and rough roads, winds, maybe my controller tuning isn't quite right or the thermocouple placement isn't ideal.... or maybe the fridge really does just overheat a lot while underway.
I'm new to RV ownership, so this post intrigued me. Our fridge runs on LPG and we leave the fridge on (because it has food in it) when driving. Are we supposed to turn the fridge off completely before entering a gas station?

Our water heater can run on LPG or 110V, but we normally don't turn on the water heater unless we are parked for the night and need hot water for showers.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum