Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 06:27 AM   #16
FW28z
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
If anyone wants to make the cutouts larger, I would highly recommend a multi-tool. Mine is a Porter Cable and it cost less than $100. These tools are great as you can flush-cut, and they are rather precision as you can really do some fine detail work.

You even can't cut yourself with one. I showed my wife that, because she didn't believe me. If I put my finger on the blade with it running, it won't cut my finger. The oscillations are so fast that it basically just vibrates your finger.

Of course, if you laid your finger down against a solid object, then the multi-tool would likely cut it, but I am not going to test that.

As I explained, I used both a multi-tool and router. The router was a time saver, but it can get away from you pretty fast if you are not that experienced at using them. On the other hand, the multi-tool works wonders, but it does take awhile longer.

The only downside is the tool tends to get hot, and you have to put it down after a few minutes to let it cool off.

And the one I have, you can angle the blade to get in around obstructions. This came in very handy around the right-light as the ladder was in the way.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum