Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 06:56 AM   #17
FW28z
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRS950 View Post
Thanks for the advice. Will have the dealer look into the light area are at PDI. I'm thinking that the Flex-Seal may a good idea also to keep any moisture issues at bay.
Another thing you can try is Cap't Tolley's Creeping Crack Cure... no joke, that is a name of a product.

Capt. Tolley's Creeping Crack Cure

I tried it on my boat that had leaking windows, but it didn't work as the windows were under the rear deck, and each time you walked across the deck, the stresses re-cracked the sealant around the windows.

But in this application, it might just work. I would not be afraid to apply it to both sides of the gasket after the light is attached to the back wall.

If you have to change out a light bulb, you will probably rip the gasket apart, but the stuff should easily scrape off. So each time you replace a light bulb, you might have to replace a gasket. But you can buy the gaskets from the company for $2 each.

It kind of reminds me of white glue, but it is waterproof once dried.

Another thing you can try is a RV Gutter, which is what ultimately fixed the leaks around the windows on my boat:

You can probably see the gutter in the photo, which runs along the top ridge of the window.

Essential Products RV & Marine - EZE RV Gutters

If I were keeping the old lights, I might at least put a set of those gutters over the lights. Probably wouldn't look too bad, as you can see from my boat photo. Ten feet of the gutters are about $20, and they are self-adhesive. Also, you could run a bead of silicone across the top of the gutters if you wanted to as well.

The gutter solution is probably the easiest fix for the problem., as you would not have to put any sealant on the lights.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum