Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 03:29 AM   #30
tomsvegas

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #7660
I removed and replaced my chassis battery on Vegas 24.1 by accessing the wood dash cut-out on the passenger side, by lifting and removing the six screws holding the folding desk. As promised in the manual, the battery was indeed accessible for disconnect and removal. However, I needed to re-dress all the vent hoses and connecting wiring to make room for the battery to be lifted out. The battery just passes thru the opening with not much room to spare. You need to kneel on the dash and lift straight up. However, my old battery was missing the plastic lifting handle. Stupid omission on the part of Thor assemblers. I had to fabricate a belt on it to lift it out. Also, the tie-down to the battery tray was not right for the new slightly smaller battery. The OEM battery was "Mopar" a Chrysler Corp product, not Ford like the chassis, go figure??! Once I got the new battery installed and hooked up, I needed to fabricate series of metal fasteners to hold the wood cutout so it didn't fall back into the opening.. All in all, the replacement was doable, but I cussed a lot at how uncaring the Thor people are in designing their maintenance procedures, especially as ordinary a need as replacing the chassis battery. I 'd give the folks in the design dept at Thor an "F" grade.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.