Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 03:09 PM   #12
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by micd View Post
Bruno,
Your right the manufacturers just don't care. I guess the only good thing is we can't claim they hide their flaws by showing specially constructed units at the shows. They let it all hang out to be sure we know we're buying crap.

When we are looking at units sometimes the sales person will ask us what we have. We say a 1994 Brave. If he is an old guy he usually says, those were really well designed and constructed units. Several intimated we may want to keep it if we want good quality. One offered to buy it but we already have a buyer within our family who wants it.

The more we look the more my husband wants to keep ours. But he is willing to be a good sport and look at a few more manufacturers. Next up is Pleasure-way, Leisure Travel Van and Coachhouse, if we can find these locally with the twin bed option.

I must say that the Forest River Sunseeker 2390 and 2370 are starting to be stand outs with respect to quality, as was the Thor Ace 29.4 that we looked at. Those all seemed OK when we looked at them.
In some cases, with a good dealer, you do get to see good units (most likely that Ace you saw). Our Axis was a show unit--didn't realize it at first--very few problems with it at all (except for a broken bathroom door--most likely broken from people at the shows not knowing how to operate it--that was replaced).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.