Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 02:33 AM   #10
Kev

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport
State: Florida
THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Just got back from our local RV show ("helping" a family member pick up an RV--they did: a Class B on the Ford chassis).

What was interesting was that on just about every RV in General RV's display had a poster titled: Keep You Camping (see the images below for a scan of the handout).

Basically they are introducing a program (they are hiring a bunch of new people for service!?) where they are promising "same day service" for some specific critical issues (issues that would prevent you from using your unit on a trip). So for "minor" things (like molding falling off, small leak, drawer falling apart, etc.) you do the normal service thing and schedule time (and wait?) but for the specific listed items they are "promising" same day service. (This was all from the sales person that sold our family member their RV so take it with a grain of salt LOL).

The brochure:
Attachment 8985
Attachment 8986

They also have a small webpage for it too:
https://www.generalrv.com/rv-service/keep-you-camping

Of course this only goes for customers of General RV.

I basically told the sales person that if they actually do what they are saying here they may have a hit... (they replied that they hope they do, and that if they are doing it perhaps other dealers will also pick up their game!? A very self-aware statement.)
I bought my RV at General RV and yes they will do same day service if possible. It use to be no appointment when you drop it off, now they do appointments. I have dropped my RV on my specified date and time for minor warranty work and got it back that evening. My service has been very accommodating when I had trips planned and needed a repair.
So in my case they have proved themselves different.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum