Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 10:54 AM   #10
04fxsts

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A. C. E. 30.1
State: Indiana
THOR #1488
As said the rear has more bolts to turn because of the "Z" brackets but I did them first because I was still debating about extending the front links to keep the sway bar mostly level. Figured that way I could find out if it would help "sway," and it did help. Another good thing about the rear is when I first crawled under to check things out I found the broken sway bar bracket on the rear axel. Had that replaced at Ford under warranty then did the rear CHF.
Ended up just moving the front links to the other holes without extending them and then saw a lot of improvement and no problems after 8,000 miles. While you are working on the rears remember to check the sway bar brackets, take out the bolts and re-torque to 66ft/lbs with blue locktite. Jim.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum