Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 11:38 PM   #8
axis earl

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneilkeys View Post
Which ones did you buy? Did they fit right in on their sides? How do you handle the coach batteries being AGM and the chassis battery regular lead acid in terms of your converter charger and alternator charging both at the same time? Don’t they have to be charged differently? AGM’s are great. I had them on my sailboat for many years because I routinely put them on their sides while tacking.
Hello ONeil,
Checked my records on the batteries. I did have to replace my dead original chassis battery before dealing with the house batteries. The chassis battery is a AGM Grp 65 775 CCA. The house batteries are LifeLine GPL-4CT AGM 6 Volt. They were installed on their sides with a bit of a modification to the base plate and addition of some painted sheet metal to protect the terminals that are now horizontal. Longer tie down straps too. Not cheap, but I was told that the six volt batteries will last twice as long as the 12 volt. So far so good.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.