Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 03:02 PM   #133
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Well now that my "fall" projects on the RV are done LOL I'm back to this: You'll note above that the app shows both black and grey tank levels but that I did not connect up the grey tank. (Mostly because its further inboard of the black tank which makes accessing it quite difficult, another reason is that its right next to the black tank with very little space where I would install the sensor.)

Lately I've been giving thought of installing the sensor on the grey tank, but there is one issue with how the app would read the level. Here is a cross section of what the grey tank looks like in our 24.1: (this would be looking at the front of the tank towards the rear of the coach)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Axis241GreyTank.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	9070
I would be installing the sensor on the long vertical edge (noted by h1, and h2). Thus when attempting to read out a linear % based on the level at that side the % values above 100*h1/(h1+h2) would be different from the values below that level.

I'll have to put in some scaling to the reading (note that the math would assume the top part is just another rectangle and neglect the sloped bottom--not as accurate but much more accurate than a straight linear progression).

I do get back a linear value from the sensor so scaling it shouldn't be that difficult in software--its just math; something these fancy things called computers kind of excel at.

(I did notice that the conventional sensors on that tank take forever going from 2/3 to F...now I know why! LOL)
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum