Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Propane Gas
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2015, 02:40 PM   #18
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivekitties View Post
Makes sense. What I don't get is this.. I've read my thor owners manual word for word from cover to cover and this precaution was never mentioned. No one at the dealership mentions it during our two hour orientation either. It makes sense though.
Yes, it makes sense... but I'll admit to forgetting to do it a time or two, with no fire or explosion

I really wonder IF anything bad has ever happened because of a fridge or WH trying to ignite.
I mean really, it can't be any different than some old beater car with leaky spark plug wires and all sorts of other misc sparking and short circuits, non explosion proof headlight switches, etc... firing up after a re-fuel stop..... and folks smoking and doing all sorts of things around gasoline...

I might be seriously concerned if my fridge or was located less than maybe 2ft away from the fuel fill port.... as it is, I do my best to comply with the advice since it "makes sense" but I'm not too worried.... especially if it's even a little bit windy to blow away the fumes and keep them dispersed....

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum