Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 11:26 PM   #5
Travelin' Texans

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
If you check around the only recommendation for extending oil change intervals by using synthetics comes from the synthetic oil makers.
What does your owners manual recommend for oil type & change intervals? That's what I'd go by.
If it calls for regular oil changed at 3000-5000 miles then, in my opinion, why spend 30-50% more for the synthetic. If your changing by time rather than miles then that would be a waste of money spending the extra for synthetic if it recommends regular oil.
Do you pump premium fuel instead of whatever the auto manufacturer recommends? Most likely not, due to cost. To me it's the same with the oil.

Just my .02 cents!!
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum