Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2015, 01:42 AM   #269
groswald

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tiffin Open Road 32SA
State: Colorado
THOR #1147
You may have read the saga of our coach being vandalized last Thanksgiving. I convinced the insurance company I could do a better, cheaper job replacing the TV’s than Camping World could. In the end they agreed to split $800 in savings over CW’s estimate. This covered my deductible, and we got bigger/better TV’s on better mounts.

Starting with the living room TV - the 2014 24.1 came with a 28 inch TV up front. It had a surround of the normal paper-covered pseudo-wood that all the cabinets are made of. The thieves took the mounts (ripped ‘em, right off the walls) so I have no idea what they looked like. You can see the outstanding wiring job that Thor did though.

Here are a couple of shots of the new cabinet being created. It’s made of ½” Baltic-birch plywood. Good solid stuff! All the holes are there to reduce weight.

And here it is painted and installed. I had a stain mixed that was supposed to match the cabinets, but it wasn't even close. In the end I painted this part semi-gloss black. The face is solid, natural cherry. You can see that I tried to clean up the wiring a bit. I think it is better. Getting everything strung through the cabinet required me to remove, string, and re-install all the bunk wiring. That was fun!

And here 'tis with the new 32" Samsung installed.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum