Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 03:33 PM   #16
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
It's been several years since we owned a dedicated GPS unit...it was a Garmin for cars. I splurged when I bought it for DW and got the lifetime maps. It was a good unit for a while. I updated maps a time or two.... then hardware went on the fritz. Replaced under warranty...and that one eventually died too.

At that point I figured the lifetime maps are a waste of money. Probably better to just plan on buying a new unit every couple years.

I don't know if it's still that way or not.....

I've been using cell phone and google maps mostly. I was using Waze but I find that the google app has a louder voice which i need in the RV.
I sure do wish Google would add settings for low overhead and weight restrictions.
Are you listening Google Maps?
They have steered me down a couple roads where I ended up getting hemmed in a bit (no trucks after a few turns in & no place to turn around, etc..)

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.