Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: air conditioner
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 08:39 PM   #5
Skykuhl7

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Arizona
THOR #6767
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlcpe View Post
Have you made sure your ductways are clear and fully opened. We have a Quantum WS31 and it definitely needs more AC, However, last summer, in the heat, I took down the AC grills and found that all were only cut through the insulation partway, with about only 30% opening. I also found that the ductway going to the vent openings over the bunk were not closed off to the space in the front cap. By closing this off, and cutting tohe vent openings properly, the AC efficiency went up 10 fold. Sill not enough but much better.

I also found that the divider between the intake and return portions of the AC were not installed properly, blocking the return portion. I reset the divider in it's proper tracks. Again, a marked improvement.
I have taken it back to La Mesa RV 3 times now for this issue and they told me they scoped the ductwork and it was all open and clear. Do you have any advice on who I cold take it to for another opinion?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.