Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 09:29 PM   #10
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madempsey View Post
Now that we have established that the tank is not insulated, it is partially exposed to warm air, and sits on an uninsulated metal pan, I am thinking about adding an inexpensive heater blanket.

There are a few manufacturers of tank heaters price runs from around $50 - $150, depending on features.

My thought is to slide the think tank heater blanket under the fresh water tank and inside the bin.

I will probably power this with 12v D.C. and a switch so that I can apply some heat to the bottom of the tank when driving in sub-freezing temps. Once parked, I can apply heat as necessary from the shoreline power converter.

I have a question out to the manufacturer to see if the weight of the tank when filled will be a problem with the thermostat and any wiring on the heater blanket

Thoughts?

What are you doing about the gray and black tanks? Just curious as I think having them freeze is an even bigger issue than the fresh water.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.