Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 03:28 PM   #11
BradnKaren

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Florida
THOR #6310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalgator View Post
I'm starting to get a bit discurraged. Our Motorhome has sat at the dealer almost two weeks. They called yesterday and said they haven't even started working on it yet. They said they were waiting on authorization from Thor. Thor called me (before I took the Motorhome to the dealer) and said the part was on it's way to the dealer. Maybe they are waiting for authorization for labor? The dealer was asking me to bring in the motorhome earlier because they said they had the part but I had to wait until a weekend because of work. Just seems strange that they have the part but are waiting for authorization. I did have a small list of other items for them to look at but it was mostly minor things. Maybe that is what they are waiting on. I have a trip planned soon which looks like will have to be canceled.
Most likely a dealer stall tactic. Call Thor and ask if the authorization has been made and the part received by the dealer. If Thor has done their job, lean on the dealer, nicely, to get it completed. Tell them you need it for an upcoming trip and give them a date you expect to have the repair completed by. Sometimes you just have to be a squeaky wheel.

Edit: I see you are in Florida. It's high season now and service centers are very busy. If they think you will wait they will let you wait.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum