Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 05:14 PM   #18
Tearstone

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Miramar 34.4
State: Florida
THOR #9721
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradnKaren View Post
Seems like a long way to go for future paid work that's not guaranteed over warranty work, but I guess anything is possible.

We have never left ours at the dealer for repair for more than 2 days, and 90% of the time work has been done while we wait. When we took ours in for some minor warranty work at La Mesa in Sanford, they told us to bring it back completely empty and expect to leave it for several months. We left immediately and never went back.
In our situation, we live in ours full time. The only option we have is to get an appointment to bring it in. Last time, we were in Tennessee, the CW in Bossier City had a really good service department. We set the appointment about a month out and they allowed us to boondock in the parking lot the night before. The next day, they brought it right into the service bay and we spent the day at the dealership. They used a common sense approach to fix things that were obviously covered by warranty and they would follow up with the approval with Thor after the fact.

Based on my situation, regardless of the warranty situation, I've got a budget to cover repairs to expedite immediately. This is truly our home.
RV Travel Bug
Tearstone is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.