Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 01:56 PM   #20
Joe-FL

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrattan View Post
I've been pondering this question, and I'm wondering if you folks have any insights:
If someone rarely uses their generator, and uses their AC *only* when they have shore power, at what point would it make sense to not have a generator and simply use your engine/alternator in those rare cases when a charge is necessary?
I'm not planning on removing my generator or anything. This is more of a thought exercise than anything else.
Here is an example of why you may want that generator. You are camped this summer in 90-100 degree temps and a storm comes through the area. Oh no, the CG has no power for 2 days. Since you are already paid up for the week you hate to move on, so having a generator to run your coach would come in pretty handy.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.