Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2015, 12:46 PM   #11
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov
A suggestion for you to consider, in you engine compartment the flat panel that runs from side to side and has the air ducting attached, just from looking at the picture I can see where, if that is below your dash panel, you may get a transference of vibration or wind related noise going inside the cab. It's hard to tell from the picture but I'd look for hard mounting points between that panel and the interior surfaces and if I found any I'd use some sound deadening material to cut the vibration.
Good point. That piece of plastic is rather flimsy and may vibrate while going down the road. The dash panel is above that by about a foot. The ducting is the intake for the automotive climate system.

In our Axis we do have a good amount of wind noise that sounds like some is getting around the dash panel--something I hope I've already fixed with the fatmat sealing off the sides of the dash panel.

This has been a very interesting discussion.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.