Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 01:18 PM   #10
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
I like Cummins engines a lot, but think the negative tone of the adds may backfire. The ads also make me wonder if Diesel sales are down while smaller rigs have done much better.

If they drove diesel at 55 MPH to get 8 MPG, at what speed did they drive V10 to get 5.6 MPG? Most Class A owners here report much higher fuel economy, and while driving much faster than 55 MPH. And many while pulling a toad.

Some comparisons are valid, like Diesel engine having greater torque and better braking, but I get the feeling comparison was exaggerated to favor the diesel. How often do you see 11% grades? And at what elevation was it tested since that favors any turbocharged engine? Comparing range with 80- versus 100-gallon fuel tank seems odd too.

Anyway, I just find it funny they say your RV is not a race car, but then make a big deal over saving a few seconds up a 1-mile unusually steep hill.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.