Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 03:52 PM   #16
steve76

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 22FE
State: Washington
THOR #8606
I do like the fact that diesels have in general more torque at lower rpm as compared to most gasoline engines. I've had several cars and pickup trucks with diesel engines and have all good to say about all of them but I own/Wife's car, Volvo 3.0 inline 6 cyl. engine with twin turbo and the larger turbo is engineered to provide low end power and torque also preventing any turbo lag. Very nicely engineered engine design. Volvo really did a great job at designing it IMO. Curious why Ford didn't offer turbo system on the V10. May not be a possible thing to do, but if it was, would possibly make a big difference in power band, more torque on lower rpm end and maybe better fuel mileage.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum