Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 08:22 PM   #26
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Do you really think the Ford V10 has "years" of service left, other than maybe as a cheap industrial engine?

I personally don't see it. The Ford schedule says new V8 to replace V10 should be in full production by May 2019 (a little over a year), just in time for 2020 Model Year applications.

The 10R80 transmission that is used on F-150 and other RWD applications doesn't have torque capacity for either the V10 or Power Stroke, so Ford is reportedly coming out with the 10R140. By the time that comes out, the V10 will be dead or have one foot in grave, so I seriously doubt we'll see a V10 connected to the heavy-duty 10-speed on larger trucks and RVs. Just an educated guess based on available information.
Your probably right Chance. If the new 7.0L V8 is successful in the Ford 150, since it supposedly has more torque and horsepower than the V-10, it probably will be the future large engine of choice. I wonder if they will eventually build a 3V model for the larger gas RVs of if the new V8 will be enough for them too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	27CCDB5F-43BE-47AB-AF94-D453A9DA22B2.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	148.4 KB
ID:	9166  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum