Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2018, 06:09 PM   #35
Mustang46555

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum RS26
State: Indiana
THOR #10823
Am pretty new to the forum but I just retired from a Tier 1 Ford supplier. We were also a supplier to CAT, Cummins and Deere so I do have a bit of in-site. Bluntly, Cummins is hurting right now. Their sales are way down so I take those videos as their moving into new markets. Of course they will play to every advantage they can. They are also doing some serious off-shore sourcing for forgings and castings as well as primary machining work to cut costs. Diesel vs gas is always a crazy debate, apples to oranges, you really can't 1 on 1 compare them. "Most folks already have their minds made up anyway. Nothing that is said or shown to them, will ever change their minds." Describes the debate perfectly.
As to Ford, as a company they are seriously looking at everything they make to constantly upgrade. Compared to the Coyote 5L in the F150's the current V10 is old tech to them. I would look for any large displacement V8 to be based on the Coyote framework. And brother if it runs like my 5L, I want one!! We were also tooling up to make parts for the 10R60 10spd automatic. No word on it's big brother yet.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum