Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2018, 01:27 PM   #99
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff H View Post
This is what I think is my issue. If I can find this solenoid component and test it, I think it's the problem part. Any suggestions on trouble shooting it?

The dealership was misleading me, they also wanted to replace my entire windshield wiper assembly for $780 for parts alone, as the driver side actuator arm broke behind the front grill and we had no dr. side wiper for the last 500 miles of our drive home. I ordered just the part I needed online for $25.90. FL OutDoor is not my best deal I ever made, that's for sure.

I'm wondering if I got a huge lemon?
If you stand inside your coach and have someone turn the use/store on and off you should be able to hear the solenoid “thunk” and find it. If you do not hear it, it probably is the problem. When you find it, one of poles with the large wire attached goes to the batteries and the other to the coach. If it in the store position, one of those poles should have approx the same voltage as the batteries and one should show no volts with a volt meter. Carefully, both poles are positive and when the use store is in use, a lot of amps flow thru there. Positive wire to one pole and negative wire to ground from the volt meter. If you’ve never done it, have someone show you the first time. When the use/store is in use, both poles should show the same voltage - if the solenoid is working. If you get no voltage on either pole, the 50 Amp breaker is probably the culprit.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum