Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2018, 11:26 PM   #6
wayneroe

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3
State: Illinois
THOR #8503
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCVolkman View Post
I am having the same problem. All 3 of my TVs in Axis 24.1 are SEIKI models that do not have QAM tuners. Why did Thor install cable hookup and 3 TVs that can not receive cable channels? Just in case I will check coax tester idea.

Can the cable connection be used to hook up Direct TV satellite? If not, how have others installed satellite in their Axis? Weingard says their satellite systems do not require QAM tuners. Thanks.
GC, I think a buyer at Thor probably bought a few thousand TVs at the best price they found, which just happened to be Seiki, assuming that all TVs for about the last ten years had that capability built into them. They didn't know until dissatisfied customers started complaining that they had a problem.

In answer to your question about running satellite through the cable connection, you can, but have to bypass the OTA amplifier. There are several threads on the forums about how to do that. If you have trouble finding them, let me know and I think I can find them for you. Thor even sent me a set of instructions on how to do it, but some of the guys on here had better instructions than the ones Thor sent, even including photos. There are also some YouTube videos on how to do that mod. My coax was bad and I just had the dealer do that mod for me when he fixed the coax. They charged me about $150 to do it. If I wasn't getting other work done in that same area, I would have saved the money and did it myself - it is a really simple mod. Some of the folks on here have just installed a dedicated satellite connection just like the cable connection on the outside of their rig.
FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
wayneroe is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.