Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 04:24 AM   #1
Danny

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Virginia
THOR #10858
Antenna Amplifier Not Working?

Hi everyone, I have a 2017 Thor Chateau 22E that we've been having a blast in. Today I started up the tv for the first time in a very long time to see if we'd get any reception in the middle of the woods. Ran a scan and got over 20 stations. I moved a bunch of junk around so I could swivel out the tv to see what was going on in the world.

When I swung the tv out the reception went away. Nothing at all. I ran another scan, no channels at all, turned the antenna around and nothing.

At that point I noticed the little green light for the antenna amplifier was off. I hadn't checked it before, but I assume it was on when I got 20+ stations.

Tinkered with everything for a little while and could not make the light turn back on. Don't have a multimeter with me to check the power behind the switch plate, but it feels like the solution should be easy. It worked right up until I was ready to watch it. It's worked in the past with no problems, but I don't watch very often. It's probably at least a month or two since we've watched anything.

Anyone have any ideas?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.