Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 02:37 PM   #7
Miramar Owner

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Iowa
THOR #4488
I tow a Jeep Wrangler behind my 36' Miramar. As has already been said, the toad will track inside your coach. That means diving down the road or navigating turns in the city do not change while towing. Anywhere your coach goes your toad will go without concern. It acts like a trailer...it will "trail" behind you, inside the tracks of the rear of your coach.

I use a Brake Buddy so my stopping distance is no worse with the toad.

The only concern you will have is not being able to back up. That used to make me nervous when needing to stop for fuel. I generally choose a station with double stack pumps and wait for the outside pumps, usually on the right. This allows me to stop with my fuel fill near the dispenser without having my nose too close to the front of the store. Then I can turn left when leaving, across the front of the station, allowing me to easily keep an eye on the left side of my RV.

I have used an inside pump, but then I have to make sure no one has pulled in beside me on the right, where I have to be concerned with my tail swing. Cars around you may not realize the space you need to turn.

Your older stations with pumps parallel to the store are the easiest to get in and out of, but are generally not available unless you travel smaller highways and towns.

I have a 500 mile range and start looking for fuel with around half a tank. That way I don't hesitate in pulling in and out if I don't feel comfortable with the particular station.

You also may find some comfort in planning ahead 250 miles or so and using Google Maps to get a birds eye view of the site.

Don't be nervous...be aware. Enjoy the process! Remember...the worst case scenario requires to disconnect. That only takes 2 or 3 minutes, but I have to say, using the process I detailed above, I have never had to. And this comes from a 67 year old, nervous type guy.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum