Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 12:40 AM   #120
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Yes. In my Axis it says Use/Store. If it is working correctly, turning it to use will turn on the 12v power from the coach batteries under the steps.
There are various reasons why some owners have problems with the charging system. In my new 2016 Axis Thor has miswired the BIRD so that the wire that sensed the voltage at the coach batteries was not hooked up correctly. That meant that the BIRD never sensed 13.1V at the chassis battery so it never opened the Trombetta to charge the chassis battery on shore power. Other owners have had the solenoid that is hooked to the Use/Store switch fail. That means that no power can get from the coach batteries to the coach. Other owners (me included) have had the 50/100 amp breakers (one in the coach battery box and one in the engine compartment) trip open or fail. That means you either have no 12v power to the coach or none to the engine. And I haven’t even discussed the transfer switch and converter/charger that other owners have had issues with.

If everything is working correctly with the charging system (as in the vast majority of cases) then you have no issues. Because of the complexity of the system, when one of the pieces is installed incorrectly, fails or is tripped by an electrical problem, it can take some time and effort to troubleshoot the problem and come up with a solution.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum